Do's and Don'ts of Running the Boston Marathon
- Do smile when the crowd is cheering you on.
- Do high fives with kids along the course, especially in the beginning.
- Don't brake on the downhills: Run them nice and easy.
- Do wear a racing shirt that draws attention to yourself.
- Don't stop to walk; you'll be yelled at.
- Do pack a camera in your race bag for the finish line photo.
- Do run Heartbreak Hill before the race to familiarize yourself with this monster.
- Do buy a Boston Marathon jacket at the Expo. You deserve it!